PS3Muxer - mkv to PlayStation 3 converter
How to remux mkv to PS3 (PlayStation 3) m2ts file.
PS3Muxer is a new very simple program which will
remux mkv file with h.264 video and AC3/DTS/LPCM/AAC audio to a M2TS file which is playable on the Sony PlayStation3
(try pshare or xupnpd with udpxy in your router for watch multicast or unicast IPTV on PlayStation3).
xupnpd eXtensible UPnP agent
xupnpd project homepage here (IPTV on PS3 without computer).
- 2011-02-15 Delay detection fix in v1.30
- 2011-02-01 Mac OS X 10.6.4 build v1.29
- 2011-01-27 Two-pass mode for remux compressed Matroska files in v1.29 (new mkvtoolnix)
The program uses mkvextract for audio extraction,
ffmpeg for audio transcoding,
tsMuxeR for M2TS muxing.
- No video transcoding;
- Audio transcoding if track codec differs from AC3;
- Use of the delay and fps information from the MKV container;
- External audio tracks;
- Batch processing;
- Multi-audio (You can choose more than one audio track);
- Video codecs: h.264, VC-1, MPEG-2 (PS3 will show only h.264 and it is possible MPEG2);
- Audio codecs: AC3, DTS, AAC, MP3, LPCM (for AC3 transcoding it is not required);
- Possibility of manual updating of language and delay of tracks;
- Possibility of splitting a file into parts;
- Possibility of changing a h.264 profile and AC3 bitrate;
- Windows and Linux support (QT GUI);
- Free source code.
For film viewing on PS3 it is better to use DLNA media server TVersity (You can copy file to internal HDD).
More information and feedback here.
tsdemuxer project here.
1) Start the program and push "open" button
2) Select MKV source file
3) Choose video and audio tracks (use "Ctrl" button for multi-selection).
You can update language, delay, and split chunk size. Then press "Start Muxing" button
Copyright (C) 2011 Anton Burdinuk
2011, E-Mail: email@example.com