English | Russian
PS3Muxer - mkv video to PlayStation 3 / PlayStation 4* converter
How to remux mkv to PS3 (PlayStation 3) m2ts file.
PS3Muxer is a new very simple program which will
remux mkv file with h.264 video and AC3/DTS/LPCM/AAC audio to a M2TS file which is playable on the Sony PlayStation3
in your router for watch multicast or unicast IPTV on PlayStation3).
* not ready now
xupnpd eXtensible UPnP agent
xupnpd project homepage here
(IPTV on PS3 without computer).
- 2011-02-15 Delay detection fix in v1.30
- 2011-02-01 Mac OS X 10.6.4 build v1.29
- 2011-01-27 Two-pass mode for remux compressed Matroska files in v1.29 (new mkvtoolnix)
- No video transcoding;
- Audio transcoding if track codec differs from AC3;
- Use of the delay and fps information from the MKV container;
- External audio tracks;
- Batch processing;
- Multi-audio (You can choose more than one audio track);
- Video codecs: h.264, VC-1, MPEG-2 (PS3 will show only h.264 and it is possible MPEG2);
- Audio codecs: AC3, DTS, AAC, MP3, LPCM (for AC3 transcoding it is not required);
- Possibility of manual updating of language and delay of tracks;
- Possibility of splitting a file into parts;
- Possibility of changing a h.264 profile and AC3 bitrate;
- Windows, Mac OS X and Linux support (QT GUI);
- Free source code.
The program uses mkvextract
for audio extraction,
for audio transcoding,
for M2TS muxing.
For film viewing on PS3 it is better to use DLNA media server TVersity
(You can copy file to internal HDD).
More information and feedback here
Pre-compiled binary build here
1) Start the program and push "open" button
2) Select MKV source file
3) Choose video and audio tracks (use "Ctrl" button for multi-selection).
You can update language, delay, and split chunk size. Then press "Start Muxing" button
Copyright (C) 2011 Anton Burdinuk
2014, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org